Dr. Fitzgerald grew up in Rockwall, Texas before attending The University of Texas at Austin. Dr. Fitzgerald was accepted early by Baylor College of Dentistry in 1981. After completing dental school Dr. Fitzgerald continued his education as an Extern in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Southwestern Medical School in Dallas. Dr. Fitzgerald is also a graduate of the Maxi Course in Implant Dentistry from the Medical College of Georgia.
Dr. Lee Fitzgerald is the President of the Texas Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry and has also held the following distinctions and positions:
- Past President of the Dallas County Dental Society
- Associate Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry
- Fellow International College of Dentists
- Sustaining Member American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Past Chairman Southwest Dental Conference
Dr. Fitzgerald also lectures and mentors young dentists interested in advanced implant and cosmetic dentistry, and currently practices implant dentistry in Plano, Texas at his Dental Implant Center.
Outside of the office
Dr. Lee Fitzgerald and his lovely wife, Arma, currently live in Plano where they are active in their community. He is a Rotarian and has served in multiple capacities. He volunteers his time with mission groups, elementary schools, the James and Louise Addison Kiwanis Dental Clinic and the Network of Community Ministries. Arma founded the International Oral Cancer Association dedicated to creating awareness about oral cancer. Dr. Fitzgerald and Arma are both avid photographers, art patrons, and share a passion for helping people.